01 July 2008

2nd Dive Trip

It's already been a week since I came back from my 2nd dive trip to Redang/Bidong (21-23 June). It had been overall a fun trip for me, with many new things like new friends, new technique discoveries, new dive site, new creature sightings... etc.

For the 3 days, I did 6 dives, 2 on first day, 3 on 2nd day, and 1 morning dive on the third day before checking out. Water was quite chilly and the currents are quite strong at some of the sites. On 2 of the dives, the visibility was pretty bad and nothing much could be seen. I had to stick close to my dive buddy so I don't lose sight of him. All of the divers are very much more senior than me... between the 9 of them, 2 are Dive Masters (DM), 1 Dive Master in Training (DMT), and the rest 6 of them are all Advanced Divers. I am the only Open Water Diver with less than 10 dives. I still need to work on my breathing and buoyancy, but am getting better at it.

Overall, I think I had 2 achievements, 1st of all is I've reduced 1 weight from 5 to 4, and 2nd, on some of the dives, I managed to keep up with the rest and surface with them on the same time. Other than that, my sifu mentioned that I'm kicking better in the water, probably due to the new AA Splitfin (on the previous trip I was using some old-tech fins).

Pictures can be found in Facebook ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment