
On my way to pick up the rest of the gang. The sky looks pretty gloomy, I just hope it doesn't rain all day.

On the North South highway. Darn cool mountains with clouds lingering around them. Feels like heaven. LOL.

Finally exits the highway and got into Ipoh town.

First stop, the famous dim sum place called Foh San. Everyone was real hungry so nobody bothered about taking pictures of the food. Overall I find the things so so, probably because I expected something better after many good reviews about the place. One thing worth mentioning though is their eggtarts, very nice indeed.

After filling our tummies with dim sum, we walked over a nearby biscuit shop called Yee Hup for some "Heong Pang" to bring back home.

Not far away is the famous Lou Wong beansprout chicken. Time is still early, as they are only open at about 5pm.

And right across the street is the main competitor, Ong Kee. Also not opened yet.

Because we're still quite full from the dim sum, we went to the oldtown area for the famous white coffee. Stopped by this shop called Sin Yoon Loong. The coffee is very aromatic, but a tad too sweet. I guess the next time I'll have to ask for "kurang manis".

Next up we dropped by Sun Seng Fatt for their famous curry mee. As you can see at the background, a storm is already brewing and seems like it's gonna rain anytime soon. Luck was on our side as it started raining cats and dogs after we stepped into the shop. It took us a while for the ordered things to arrive, and by the time we finish eating, the rain has almost stopped completely.

Next, we went all around town to hunt for the famous Hong Kee Mah Chee. We made a mistake and ended up at the other side of town. Tried asking some guys at a petrol station but they are unable to give us very clear directions. That was until we dropped by a Vegetarian shop. The operator of the shop gave us a very clear directions to the place and we managed to find it without much difficulty.

After the Mah Chee we actually dropped by the Ipoh Parade to look see look see until about 5pm. Then we came back to Lou Wong for our early dinner. Everything tastes pretty good, but a little bit too salty for my taste. Maybe another time if I ever come by Ipoh I'll try the competitor, Ong Kee.

Finally, we depart for home with a happy tummy. :D
4 comments:
Wah... u very good blogger liao! Got pics, nice collages and words! :p
eh, less photos of "chiew pai" and more photos of the food lar...
Wah, I was at Ipoh on 17th too, from 1315 to 1400. Passing through to Penang, then to Langkawi then to Sitiawan and to Teluk Intan in two days
angel: haha the collages not nice ler... still learning :P
may: haha we all too busy eating until forgot about snap snap
cfc: really? cool
Post a Comment